Delete is an independent full-service digital agency providing creatively-led digital solutions designed to improve business performance. We exist to provide businesses with ‘that’ chance to reimagine and reinvent their digital world. Our work for some of the world’s leading brands is recognised for challenging the market, driving innovation and accelerating business performance.
Our core products and services cover strategy, UX, design and build of enterprise level CMS implementations, mainly using Sitecore and Kentico.
We have a team of 110 practitioners working across 4 office locations:
We have a strong heritage and reputation within the UK Digital community working with some of the world’s leading brands and we are proud to hold long-standing partnerships with our clients. This snapshot of our client portfolio is representative of the breadth of sectors and markets in which we operate.
We are looking for a hybrid Account/Project Manager with a desire to take ownership of multiple website projects, which range in value from £70,000 to £600,000. Your primary responsibility is to deliver your projects on time and to budget. You will act as the primary point of contact for your clients at every stage of the project and will be responsible for spotting growth opportunities on the account.
We named the role “Client Partner” because we serve as ‘partners’ to our clients throughout the delivery of a project and beyond. You will need to demonstrate Account Management and Project Management expertise to be effective in this role. The reward for you is long-standing, collaborative partnerships with clients who are as committed to producing game-changing products and solutions as we are. You will be part of a highly effective, committed and knowledgeable team at Delete who are producing exciting and challenging solutions every day.
On your projects, you will be involved from pitch to website launch and beyond. Your focus will be on transparent project delivery using your experience. You will work collaboratively with UX, creative, technical and solutions teams, both in-house and with our partners.
You will have a strong understanding of the creative and technical build process, and be able to confidently communicate ideas both internally and to the client. You will be comfortable talking to both designers and developers alike and, whilst not necessarily ever having developed yourself, are able to understand and relay technical aspects of the project to the client, bringing in our specialist technical experts to support you as needed.
"A highly competent and exceptional core team. Their commitment and output is extraordinary"
Claire Hartley, Marketing Director, XTG
We are looking for people, not role fillers. We are looking for something special; be it a unique blend of experience or a slightly different career path; or a passion and personality that makes you stand out. We do not want a team of clones from the same path and the same mould. We are looking for individuals.
This aspect of Delivery focuses on delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Facilitating regular and effective communication with the internal project team.
- Facilitating regular and effective communication with the core project team at client side.
- Producing project plans and maintaining them throughout the project.
- Producing and maintaining the RAID log and effectively mitigating risks by communicating openly with your internal team and client.
- Owning the JIRA set up, maintaining task list and allocations.
- Tracking budget utilisation and burn rate.
- Preparation for and attendance at weekly Project Review meetings.
- Resource planning and requests.
- Producing cost estimates and timelines for new opportunities as required.
This aspect of Delivery focuses on account growth and generating opportunities, which must be facilitated alongside project management.
- Actively building relationships with clients through regular face to face/phone communication. Nurturing these partnerships to cultivate an effective and collaborative relationship.
- Proactively spotting and unlocking opportunities for future account growth.
- Producing high-quality proposal documents.
- Facilitation of monthly account sponsor meetings (internal).
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders and consultants at Delete to act on leads and opportunities, responding with concepts, plans and proposals.
- Attendance at account meetings.
- Keeping the financial forecast up to date and maintained with 3 month view (detailed) and 12 months (high level).
These competencies are useful to ask yourself ahead of submitting an application to Delete. These are the types of questions that we typically pose at interview stage and represent the types of responsibilities you would have in your role as Client Partner.
- Can you talk confidently about the phases necessary to deliver a website project?
- Could you comfortably have a conversation with a client about a project delay?
- Are you familiar with leading a development team of 5-10 people and can facilitate daily standups, sprint demos or CMS training?
- Do you have the ability to plan and facilitate an interesting, engaging and productive meeting?
- Can you confidently and accurately prepare cost estimates?
- How do you effectively develop successful relationships - be it with your project team or clients?
"Probably the most talented and hard working agency I've ever worked with that really translated through to helping us achieve results above and beyond what we set out. A great bunch of people that are proactive and innovative."
Mark Gale, Digital Marketing Manager at McCarthy & Stone.
Skills & Experience
- Experience Thorough knowledge of Digital Project Management with at least 3 years demonstrable experience in a web development environment in an agency or client side, delivering a range of multiple digital projects
- Proactive You should be a self-starter and motivated to engage and encourage others. You won’t be someone who waits for opportunity, you will be someone who is proactive to tackle things directly.
- Communication Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, articulating ideas and processes with ease. Your writing style should be clear and you should be confident writing to explain, persuade and advise.
- Team Player The most effective Client Partners aren’t heroes. As Client Partner you should proudly put your team first and facilitate plans and processes that get the very best from those around you. Being flexible, caring and committed will be second nature to you.
- Attention to detail You’ll need a keen eye for detail and a thorough approach when it comes to producing everything from cost estimates to proposals and status reports. You’ll pride yourself on the quality of the work that you produce.
- Technical expertise You’ll need a working knowledge of web technologies, with a background of building websites. Knowledge and understanding of Sitecore, Kentico and/or Umbraco are especially useful, not to mention all the acronyms you can imagine! API, CRM, CMS and DOM will all be familiar terms to you.
- Prioritisation & Planning It will be essential for you to prioritise your own workload and manage client and team expectations. You’ll maintain a detailed view of the project at hand as well as taking a bird’s eye view of a broader programme of work. This will enable to you spot risks, issues and opportunities and plan mitigating actions.
- Passion & Enthusiasm Your passion for digital and project delivery will give you the power to influence your team and foster thriving client relationships. It’s important to us that you love what you do and this will shine through with the energy and enthusiasm that you bring to the role.
"Delete have blended creativity, customer experience, technical and project management superbly to deliver success for both external customers and internal stakeholders. I would have no hesitation in recommending them for consideration"
Russell James, Digital Engagement Director, The FA
Salary & Perks
Salary is negotiable, dependant on experience and seniority within the role. At Delete we like to work hard and play hard and we offer an exciting calendar of events throughout the year.
How To Apply
If you like what you see, and you relish the opportunity to work on a diverse range of digital projects, please send your CV, along with a covering letter and links to any portfolios or examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.