Head of Delivery
Date created: November 2019
Reports to: Commercial Director
Accountable for the company’s project portfolio, the UK Head of Delivery (HoD) leads a team of project management professionals, responsible for the agency's project management function.
The HoD leads, integrates and manages the agency’s PMO processes and functions, with the goal of maintaining consistency and efficiency of the agency’s delivery methodologies, both Agile and Planned Iterative. Furthermore, they seek to maximise value by minimising risk and introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects and services.
The HoD acts as a gatekeeper for UK resources, and ensures that the agency is able to accurately forecast and meet demand, while maintaining high standards of service and quality. The HoD also acts as the senior escalation point for the agency’s offshore resource and delivery managers.
As a coach and mentor to Delete teams, the HoD fosters the optimum conditions where people can thrive and produce the best possible work, delivering value for clients and value for the agency. Working in harmony with teams from different disciplines, the HoD ensures clarity on the division of responsibilities. Through a positive, knowledgeable and inspirational attitude, it is the HoD’s responsibility to set the tone and mood of the team and to manage the structure and day to day running of the agency’s project portfolio.
Their mindset is to go above and beyond client expectations and consistently lead by example. Not restricted by the confines of their job description, they contribute to the smooth running of the agency and are committed to playing a key role in building a successful future for our business.
- 8+ years professional project management experience
- Working within a fast paced agency/consultancy
- Managing, leading and coaching teams to deliver multiple projects, all with different scopes of work, and at different phases of delivery, simultaneously
- Software development lifecycle
- Accountability for projects/programmes of work with value in excess of £1m
- Working with a blend of onshore and offshore service delivery teams
- PRINCE2 Practitioner (or similar certification)
- Certified Product Owner or Scrum Master
- ITIL Certified
- Experience running both public and private sector projects
How to apply.
If you like what you see, and you relish the opportunity to work at Delete, please apply via our portal here.