Reports to: Head of Digital Marketing
Salary: Based on Experience
- Work within a team of digital marketers, offering SEO specific guidance and knowledge to clients.
- As an SEO consultant you will work as a team to provide strategic and digital marketing programmes for clients.
- Manage SEO accounts within the Digital Marketing Department.
- Support SEO Executives and other SEO Consultants within the team.
- Support junior team members, training them on specific tools, and teaching them new SEO techniques.
- Work closely with other teams on project based work, advising on SEO and Analytics considerations.
- Support the acquisition of new accounts and help to foster the growth of existing accounts.
Key responsibilities that an SEO Consultant should carry out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis:
- Creation of SEO strategies
- Keyword research and analysis
- On-site optimisation
- Technical audits
- Backlink creation and outreach
- Backlink cleanups
- Campaign ideas and implementation
- Outlining local SEO campaign strategies
- Responsible for SEO migrations and supporting tasks.
- Managing client calls and providing clients with monthly SEO updates.
Tracking and Reporting
- Usage of various tools to create monthly reports (Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager.)
- Outlining event tracking required throughout a website and creating documentation for developers to follow.
- Use Google Tag Manager to help support the implementation of third party tracking and custom event tracking.
- Creation of reports in Google Data Studio using various data sources.
- Adding insight and recommendations based on the reports.
Coach, Support and Manage
- Ensure that the junior team members have the support, knowledge and understanding needed to work on accounts.
- Share knowledge and latest industry updates within the team, creating a knowledge sharing environment.
- Manage the accounts that you are responsible for and keep other team members up to date with work being carried out.
- When managing accounts, you will be responsible for client communication, meetings, and time management.
Key Skills & Experience
- Client handling experience with good organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- You must be professional and punctual, taking pride in your appearance, whilst in the workplace.
- Manage budgets for the accounts that are being worked on.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with various SEO tools, CMSs, Optimisation tools, Tracking and Analytical tools and how these have helped with previous projects.
- Strong analytical and digital marketing knowledge, which can be passed onto other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, partners, suppliers and subject matter experts
- Minimum 2 years ‘SEO’ experience in the capacity of SEO Executive, SEO Consultant, or other.
- Understands how key trends in the SEO and digital marketing industry impact their discipline. Stays up-to-date with developments, willing to pass on those learnings to the team, and wider agency in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Understanding of how all work for clients can be measured on an ROI model to deliver value.
- Communicate sensitive information tactfully to clients and team members
Delivery (SEO Account Management):
- SEO account management experience essential (formal or otherwise), with good face to face communication.
- Clear understanding and experience of the work required to successfully deliver a performance lead project.
- Proven ability to articulate clear rationale and supporting information/data to justify recommended SEO solutions, both verbally and written
- Experience of meeting tight deadlines with good time management.
- Proactively engages with relevant individuals within the agency. Doesn’t wait for them to get involved
- Asks for candid feedback following projects or during account meetings. Receives it appropriately and uses it as an opportunity for personal growth and development.
- Recognises and praises the achievements of others within the team and agency
- Appreciates and listens to differing ideas to develop a full understanding of the issues at hand
- Takes responsibility for the impact of their decisions
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Looks to further their people skills by going out of their comfort zone.
Key Result Areas
- Happy clients who provide great feedback, and are willing to provide positive testimonials in support of our new business efforts
- Positive feedback from peers - demonstrating a team mentality and ability to coach, mentor and guide in line with Delete’s core principles (360 feedback)
- SEO projects running to budget due to effective project planning and budget management.
- Clients continuing to renew their contracts due to positive results and a great service delivered.