Introduction to Delete.
Listed in the Top-100 digital agencies, Delete is a highly creative agency with an envied portfolio of clients. With offices in London, Leeds and Russia, we are a hard-working and talented team bound by our passion for all things creative and digital. The company is made up of a blend of creatives, developers, architects, strategists, visibility specialists, project and account managers - all perfectly equipped to handle a wide variety of projects.
We hold gold-level partnerships with Microsoft, Sitecore and Kentico. And our clients include Southampton FC, Leeds Beckett University, Jet2, Expedia, IAMS and many more.
Delete’s agency model is built around delivering innovative digital products and driving customer engagement that results in commercial success. As a digital business partner to our clients we work with organisations to invent and improve the ways in which they use digital to market, communicate and operate.
As ‘Agents of Change’, Delete exists to provide organisations with the chance to reimagine and reinvent their digital offer. Our name, Delete, is derived from a positive action to erase the old or incorrect, to make way for the new and possible. This is the creative philosophy we apply to our work and subsequently the opportunity we would provide to the successful candidate. Are you ready to make a step change in your career and to be part of a leading team? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
The Solutions Director (SD) is responsible for gathering, understanding and documenting business needs in relation to the operational, technical and platform-specific areas of a given project.
In close collaboration with the delivery, technical and creative teams; the SD ensures that these needs are captured, organized and prioritized into a backlog of product requirements, and accurately translated into detailed specifications that can be understood by both the client and the Delete production teams.
The SDs work across a range of projects of varying complexity for SMEs and global brands, owning and managing the product scope for medium and large sized projects
As a key member of the Delete consulting team; the SD delivers a positive and progressive outbound presentation of the agency and assists in ensuring high standards are maintained across all agency outputs.
- Use your digital industry experience and knowledge to help our clients attain success through a solution-led, omni-channel approach to product development
- Support the creative and user experience teams in the development of market-specific strategies that capitalize on our unique blend of technology and customer-centric design expertise
- Envisage and design innovative solutions that make best use of Delete’s core platforms (Sitecore, Kentico, Umbraco and bespoke .NET)
- Collaborate with technical architects, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technology vision, carefully analyze trade-offs between customer experience, cost and performance imperatives, and subsequently deliver qualified and sound recommendations
- Provide ongoing help and advice on sales opportunities, including involvement in client-facing meetings and presentations; acting as a facilitator and knowledge bearer, support the creation of estimates and proposals with the extraction, documentation and translation of both known and anticipated/speculative scope
- Follow trending developments in the digital marketing industry and actively promote Delete’s capabilities as an expert in omni-channel customer engagement and technology; subsequently contribute to the production of content for Delete’s website and relevant online/offline publications
- Develop and maintain positive, advantageous relationships with key decision makers, influencers and experts within our technology partner network
- Additionally, the SD will be tasked with analysing business processes within the company and recommending projects to improve the effectiveness of those processes, as well as supporting our continued compliance with Cyber Essentials and PCI DSS.
Requirements Gathering, Analysis and Planning:
Core to the SD role is the gathering and analysis of product requirements, and the critical support role that you play to the client partner in the planning of the project:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers, stakeholders and team members, to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and subsequently deliver the following artefacts as needed: Product Backlog, Detailed User Stories, Release Plan, Sprint Plan, Data Flow Diagram, Solution Architecture, Use Cases, Solution Acceptance Criteria
- Elicit requirements, alongside the creative and UX team, using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis - define those requirements in a manner that is easy to understand for technical and non-technical team members
- Minimise risk on projects by using your experience and knowledge to scope out the functional and technical requirements of a given solution; drive and challenge project teams on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans, identify potential crises and devise appropriate contingency plans
- Aid the delivery team in the identification of resource requirements and critical path analysis, especially in the initial proposal and planning stages of projects
- Review deliverables prepared by the production teams before they are passed to the client, to ensure alignment with agreed product scope
- Proactively act as a coach and mentor to the client partners and delivery executives around technology, solutions and technical strategy; through ad-hoc consultation and/ or planned training, workshops and presentations
- Coach and guide the development team to ensure deliverables are met and a shared understanding is maintained at all times
- Foster a knowledge-share environment and take pride in helping and educating others, as well as helping to maintain and update our internal knowledge base and wiki
- Serving as a key escalation point for product support issues; ensure that the delivery team has the support, knowledge and understanding needed to resolve issues
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a trusted advisor to SMEs, large enterprises and global brands - demonstrable knowledge of specific business domains such as enterprise web content management, systems integration, web application development, mobile, eCommerce, CRM - with the ability to interact with the client as a subject matter expert.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, partners, suppliers and subject matter experts
- Minimum 5 years ‘digital’ experience in the capacity of project manager, business analyst, architect or similar senior consulting role. Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and appreciation for what is required to deliver a digital project of value exceeding £100,000.
- Demonstrable experience working as a senior member of project teams consisting of 8 to 20 people
- Understands how key trends in the digital marketing industry impact their discipline. Stays up-to-date with developments, able and willing to pass on those learnings to the wider agency teams
- Demonstrates a deeper understanding of each of our services, and how they interconnect to deliver value to our clients
- Proven business analysis skills, complemented by a solid understanding of business operations and priorities
- Evidence an ability to communicate sensitive information tactfully
- Project management experience essential (formal or otherwise), preferably in a consulting field, with clear recognition of Agile and Waterfall methodologies, when and how to apply them
- Clear understanding and experience of the phases of work required in order to successfully deliver a strategy-led digital project
- Proven ability to articulate clear rationale and supporting information/data to justify recommended solutions, verbally and written
- Proactively engages with relevant experts. Doesn’t wait for them to get involved
- Asks for candid feedback. Receives it appropriately and uses it as an opportunity for personal growth and development
- Recognizes and praises the achievements of others
- Appreciates and listens to differing ideas to develop a full understanding of the issues at hand
- Takes responsibility for the impact of their decisions
- Fosters an effective team culture, complemented by a desire for continuous improvement towards work
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
Technical Skills (Required):
- Proven technical writing and diagram skills (Axure, Gliffy, Omnigraffle, Visio or similar)
- Microsoft Excel (Expert level)
- MS Project and/or Merlin Project
- Confluence, JIRA and JIRA Agile (or similar documentation and backlog management system such as TFS, Mingle or Targetprocess)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Microsoft stack application development, database and system design
- Good understanding of internet, intranet, extranet and client/server architectures
- Design for and Implementation of enterprise CMS, eCommerce and customer engagement platforms such as Sitecore, EpiServer, Kentico and Umbraco
Technical Skills (Desirable):
- Knowledge of PCI DSS, Cyber Essentials and associated policies and procedures
- UML modelling
- Network architecture
- Software integration specification
- Enterprise software licensing (e.g. Sitecore, Kentico)
- Cloud Hosting / Microsoft Azure / Amazon AWS
Key Result Areas.
- Happy clients who provide great feedback, and are willing to provide positive testimonials in support of our new business efforts
- Positive feedback from peers - demonstrating a team mentality and ability to coach, mentor and guide in line with Delete’s core principles
- Projects running to budget partly due to effective requirements gathering and scope definition, control and issue/risk management
- Great PR for the business from documented case studies where the solution or platform implementation is the focus
- Award-winning solutions that capitalise on the enhanced features of our partner platforms (Microsoft, Sitecore, Kentico, Umbraco, etc.)
Must be able to demonstrate like-minded values: [this person should be able to describe how they operate/live by these values]
Relevant experience will be taken into account in place of accredited certifications. The following are desirable:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree (demonstrable relevance)
- PRINCE2 Foundation and/or Practitioner
- UML Modelling Certification
- Certified Agile Product Owner
- Platform specific certifications (e.g. Sitecore Marketing Fundamentals v8.x)
What Delete Offers You.
An Envied Portfolio. You will get to work on exciting accounts for some of the world’s leading brands. As well as established client relationships we have a constant stream of attractive opportunities flying through the door every week. Surely we don’t need to upsell you here?
A Talented Bunch. You’ll join an infectious team of people who are driven to produce the best digital experiences out there, whilst enjoying ourselves along the way.
A Place to Grow. Enhance your career with us. We don’t believe in standing still. Whether that’s in the way work, the growth of the agency or in our commitment to develop our staff. You will learn and learn fast and learn by doing - we can guarantee that.
The Delete Way. Our tried and tested method for delivering innovative creatively led solutions is a finely tuned process - one which we openly claim is never fully complete, and one which you will play your part in developing with us.
It’s Never Quiet. Unless it really has to be. Otherwise expect to spend your days aurally inspired by our ever evolving playlists.
All the kit. Standard kit for all our Delivery team members includes an Apple Mac laptop and iPhone.
And lots more. 25 Days Annual Leave. An ever evolving perks list. Training and development. An amazing office space. And that is just the start.
How to apply.
If you like what you see, and you relish the opportunity to work on a diverse range of digital projects, please send your CV, along with a covering letter and links to any portfolios or examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this job description in pdf format.